CLI for repeatable tasks in CALS
Make sure you have a recent version of Node.js. E.g. by using https://github.com/creationix/nvm
npx @capraconsulting/cals-cli --help
It is recommended to use
npx over global install to ensure you
always run the latest version. If you install it globally remember
to update it before running.
Clone this repo.
Use NPM to link this repo as a global package:
npm install npm run build npm link
Run the cli from any terminal/folder:
npm run build.
Goals of CLI
- Provide an uniform way of consistently doing repeatable CALS tasks
- Provide simple guidelines to improve the experience for developers
- A tool that everybody uses and gets ownership of
- Automate repeatable CALS tasks as we go
Ideas and future work
- Automate onboarding of people
- Granting access to various resources: AWS, GitHub, Confluence, JIRA, Slack, ...
- Automate offboarding of people
- Automate generation of new projects/resources
- Creating GitHub repos, giving permissions etc
- Slack channels
- AWS account and structure
- Checklist for manual processes
- AWS infrastructure management, e.g. scripts such as https://github.com/capralifecycle/rvr-aws-infrastructure/blob/master/rvr/create-stack.sh
cals aws ...
- [ ] Automatically set up project in Snyk
- [x] Report of which repos are in Snyk and which is not
- [ ] Detect active vs disabled projects in Snyk (no way through API now?)
- [x] Report issues in Snyk grouped by our projects